Tuesday, April 17, 2012

From paris to Amsterdam

What is the cheapest way to get to amsterdam from paris




|||



We originally had this same question and found out that airfare between European countries is really cheap. The downside is that I think you might have to purchase the tickets in Europe because you need a European credit card to make reservations.





I%26#39;m not sure where I found the original links, but I just did a quick Google search for %26quot;flights in Europe%26quot; and noticed that many of the places that were suggested to look are listed. You might find it useful: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en%26amp;q=flights+in+europe




|||



The cheapest way is definitely the bus. http://www.eurolines.com





It%26#39;s long, quite boring, and it carries back and forth an interesting fauna of 20-something students who love the Amsterdam thrill.





Thalys, the direct rail service, is quite expensive considering the distance travelled, but definitely the most convenient.





There is a %26quot;cheap%26quot; flying option with Transavia, but they land in Rotterdam. Otherwise, AF-KLM or Vueling serve CDG-AMS. There are many daily flights. My opinion is that in 15 years, we%26#39;ll ask ourselves how we could afford, in 2008, 25 A320 planes a day between a pair of cities separated by roughly 280 miles.




|||



I don%26#39;t know when you are going, but I bought 2 Thalys tickets from Paris to Amsterdam / 2nd class for 25 Euros each. I think it is a mini fare and they are non-refundable, so make sure of date, etc. You can purchase up to 3 months in advance. I just went to thaly.com and picked my date and time and paid with US credit card online and printed my tickets. Could not have been easier. Check it out.




|||



I wasn%26#39;t able to find the mini fare on Thalys for 25Euro for 6/17/08, which would have been a great deal. Guess I didn%26#39;t plan far ahead enough. However, I found one way ticket for 50Euro on RailEuope.com, which is half the price I found on Thalys website.




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:18 am, September 30, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment