Sunday, April 15, 2012

Getting to Disneyland

I thought I had figured this out but the RATP website has confused me!





I am staying at Gare du Nord and I thought (from looking at my rail map) the best way to get to Disneyland was to get to Chatlet Le Halles. Do I catch the Metro from Nord to Les Halles then jump on the RER to Marne-la-Vallee-Chessy? Or am I completely off track???





Trains aren%26#39;t big where I live haha.





Thanks!




|||



Hi,





You%26#39;re right, just make sure that the direction of your RER is Marne-la-Vallee-Chessy.



By the way, on RER stations there%26#39;s a bug sign with a digital list of the stations of the coming train. Always check that your destination appears on this list.





By the way, buy a Mobilis (a daily pass) for Zones 1 to 5, it will cost you less then a return ticket, and will let you use the metro/RER in Paris too (my plan was to take the RER back from Disneyland to CDG square and walk the Elyssee, but I was too tired after a day in the Park, but I think you%26#39;ve got my point :-))




|||



take RER from gare du norde to chatalet les halles then RER line A4 to marne le vallee-chessy .you don%26#39;t need to use the metro




|||



There%26#39;s no difference in price if you take the metro or the RER from Gare du Nord to Chatlet so use whatever is more convenient (in both cases you%26#39;ll need to switch to RER line A4 at Chatlet)




|||



Thanks so much for the tips!





Coming back from Disneyland, would I just take any of the A1,A3 or A5 RER trains to Chatlet les Halles??





And do these trains run quite late after Disneyland closes? Not that I would be hanging around but you know.





Thanks!




|||



Heh heh! You%26#39;ve just reminded me of my last (one and only) trip to Disneyland Paris. I got seperated from my wife and daughter about 7pm. We had no plan for such an event and we both ended up going back to the hotel seperately. But since I waited until the last train (in the vain hope of seeing them at the station) I ended up walking thru the streets of Paris trying to find the hotel at 1am. Which was difficult since it was our first day in Paris and I had forgotten the name of the hotel.





My point? Don%26#39;t leave it too late to get a train back, and have a back up plan if you get seperated!!




|||



ilovefeta--I know you didn%26#39;t ask about it but I thought I would remind people about Parc Asterix. %26quot;They%26quot; say that you can learn a bit of French history at the same time as you have a blast at the amusement park. To get there by RER: Take RER B3 from Paris to Roissy CDG 1. Take the Parc Asterix shuttle at platform A3.




|||



ilovefeta,





You can find the information that you need at ratp.info/orienter/horaires_rer_ligne_a.php





But to be on the safe side make sure that your destination appears on the digital list at the RER station before boarding a train.




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:17 am, September 30, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment