Sunday, April 15, 2012

Europebyair.com?

I booked flights with europebyair.com and on the ticket it says you need to confirm your flight 72 hours before. I%26#39;m a little confused because I received an email saying my flight was confirmed. Has anyone booked with europebyair and know how it works? Do I still need to call to confirm?



My flight leaves july 24th and tried calling but I keep getting a busy signal





Thanks!




|||



And that%26#39;s the reason i am skeptical about using agencies like that,especially if you have to make changes,it will cost you more in the long run.I learned my lesson.




|||



What airline are you flying with? Your ticket should say (assuming they issue a ticket?)





If you need to confirm, you need to confirm with the airline, not the travel agency. However, it%26#39;s been 15 years since any airline I have flown with has needed confirmation, so I wouldnt worry much. Just make sure you are at the airport 3 hours before the plane is due to leave.




|||



You should also get a record locator number or call the airline and see if they paid and booked your ticket.




|||



I had bad luck with a canceled flight with europe by air. wish I had just trusted travelocity that there was no flight. Would have saved me money.




|||



It is absolutely essential that you confirm your tickets directly with the airline. Look through your paperwork for your airline booking confirmation code - usually 6 alpha/numeric code. Then, call the airline.





If you cannot find your booking confirmation code, call the airline. They can look you up with your name and give you the code. Confirm that you are booked and select your seats, if you haven%26#39;t already.





What you have is NOT a ticket, rather a confirmation of some sort. And, it IS curious that it says you need to confirm 72 hours before.





I would NEVER just show up at the airport without confirming directly with the airline that I was properly ticketed, no matter how I booked.




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:21 am, September 30, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment