Saturday, April 21, 2012

Palais Garnier Baignoire Seats

Hi everyone! My friend and I are going to see Melancholia at the Palais Garnier in a few weeks and I am really excited!





The only thing is, I%26#39;m looking at my tickets now...they are for Baignoire No. 7 and the seats are 1 and 2... but I always assumed that odd seats were together as in 1 and 3 and 5...





I specifically requested that the two seats be together. Does anyone know anything about the seating numbers at Palais Garnier as well as the view from Baignoire 7?





Thanks so much guys!!!!




|||



You can see drawings of the Palais Garnier seating at http://www.operadeparis.fr/ (click on %26quot;infos pratiques%26quot; and then on %26quot;Prix des places et plans des salles pour la Saison 2007-2008 %26gt;%26gt;%26gt;%26quot;.





They do mention that there is a %26quot;dispositif de surtitrage%26quot; (subtitles) but that these subtitles are not always (fully) visible from the baignoire and side loges seats. I couln%26#39;t find any info about the seat numbers, though.




|||



Hi desertchica: I think I have the answer to your question. I went to see an opera at Palais Garnier last Sept. 2007. I am almost positive that I sat in the Baignoire area. They are like small %26quot;boxes.%26quot; Each little area had its own beautiful wooden door to enter by and, at least in my Baignoire there were 6 armless velvet chairs with velvet curtains dividing it from the Baignoires on either side. It was very small and I imagine the seats are just numbered 1-6. It was 2 rows with 3 chairs in the front and 3 chairs directly behind them.





I must say that there were subtitles for the opera (they were above the stage on the upper curtain) but I couldn%26#39;t see it from where I sat and it wasn%26#39;t until the opera was nearly over, and I leaned over for some reason, that I saw the subtitles. For a ballet, though it shouldn%26#39;t matter because ballets don%26#39;t usually have subtitles. I prefer ballet to opera anyway and have decided that when I go back in Sept %26#39;09 I am definitely going to the Opera Garnier to see a ballet. I think for a ballet your seats will be just fine! I could see the entire stage just fine. Enjoy! I am so jealous (smile!)




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:16 am, September 30, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment