Saturday, April 21, 2012

Boulouris - France - lots of advise please

My husband and I are taking our 3 sons (14,10,7) and my parents to a private villa in boulouris at the end of July for 2 weeks. Where are the best beaches for families and some peace, my boys are quiet and prefer snorkelling and fishing to ball games. Is there anywhere to go horse riding as we are all riders as well? Do they have daily markets in Boulouris or surrounding towns, do we need a car for 2 weeks and can you tell me some of the nice but inexpensive places to eat are. We have a very hectic 50 wks a year and like to just relax and let time pass us by on holiday. I thank you all in advance for your help as I know I have asked a lot of questions!





Thank you






|||



Boulouris has some nice beaches that are on the quiet side, and depending on the villa location, you might even be within easy walking distance of them.





One of my favorites is the Plage de la Tortue (see our web site for pics: http://www.azuralive.com/2007/06/best-beach-la-p.html).





A short drive east takes you to Agay, a fun seaside resort town where you can rent kayaks, windsurfers etc... I enjoy La Rade d%26#39;Agay as a seaside restaurant there, as well as the little snack at the eastern end of the beach.





You%26#39;re in luck on horseback riding too! There%26#39;s a ranch in the Estérel area (the mountains right behind Agay) that rents horses and poneys: Les 3 Fers: http://www.les3fers.com/. Also Esterel Ranch: http://www.esterelranch.com/





I often go to the Boulouris monday morning market as I run a hiking group from there on mondays. The market is small, but offers good choices on produce. Plus there%26#39;s usually a couple of vendors with ready-made dishes (pork loin, roasted chickens, etc) that make the cooking easier. The open market is in the center of town, right by the post office and behind the train station.





Enjoy!



AzurAlive.com




|||



Thank you very much for taking the time to reply to my plea! It%26#39;s very kind of you and I really do appreciate the information you have given me, I will check out your website and the website for the horse riding, you have given me a head start.





Thank you




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:20 am, September 30, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment