Friday, March 30, 2012

Paris Vacation Apartments

I am considering renting the Palais Royale Elegant 2 Bedroom (1st floor) apartment. The pictures of the apartment are lovely and the location looks fantastic. Anyone stay there recently? Does the apartment live up to the photos? How is the agency to deal with? Any problems?




|||



We stayed in that apartment 18 months ago, it certainly lives up to the photos and you will love it. The location is fantastic, you are walking distance from everything, and the gardens of the PR are at your doorstep. The gardens are closed at night(you have a seperate entrance) and the area becomes so quiet you can%26#39;t believe you are in the centre of Paris. Marie or Liela will be there to meet you and all email communications with either Alex Mony or Isis are prompt and efficient. It is a very good company to do business with, consequently we have booked their St.Germain apt. for September next year.




|||



Thank you LordByron for your response. I was also wondering if the elevators made a lot of noise. I will be staying with my 2 young children (5 yrs and 8 yrs). Are there a lot of affordable restaurants/markets in the area? Any that you would recommend?




|||



If you are going to rent from them I would suggest that you do so as soon as you can. We tried to rent from them previously and they were booked solid.




|||



There is an elevator (not noisey) but you have no need to use it as the steps to the apartment are not steep. We of course loved %26quot;Le Grand Colbert%26quot; in rue Viviene, just behind the Palais Royale, but there are many other inexpensive options in the adjacent streets. There is a small supermarket across from the apartment and Monoprix, a major supermarket, is about 10 mins. away. The kids will love the gardens with the Seine and the Louvre about a 5 min. walk.



I agree that you should book early as there apartments are very popular, also the Testimonials on this apartment%26#39;s website are a very good guide.




|||



I should add that when you book PVA emails you many pages of useful information about Paris and in particular restaurants, shops etc. near the Apartment. It is so much more fun than staying in a tiny expensive hotel room especially if you are travelling with a family.




|||



I recently booked the Saint Germain studio with them for next April and I thought I was early. I was wondering who reserved the week in September! They have been great on the email responses. Two reasons I went with them. They accepted a credit card on payment and security deposit and also charged in US Dollars and not Euros. You pay 50% down and then 50% a month before arrival. Who knows what the Euro will be by next year compared to the Dollar! Alot of rentals you have to show up with final payment in cash. Who wants to carry cash around anymore. Hope these comments helped.




|||



The Palais Royale is booked for the dates I want but the Palais Royale Triplex is available as is the Sacre Coeur 2 bedroom. Has anyone stayed in any of these?




|||



Hi Ragdoll - I actually booked my week in the 2BR on the third floor at Palais Royale about 2 months ago for September 2009!! Even 18 months in advance I still didn%26#39;t get the actual dates I wanted and had to rearrange our itinerary in order to stay there. But having done many hours/days/weeks of research on the internet before stumbling across the PVA website, I came to the conclusion that for the amazing location, high standard of accommodation and the wonderful guest comments both on their website and on this forum - it was absolutely worth making the change. I also believed that it represented good value and some of the apartments I was looking at were more expensive.





PVA%26#39;s emailed responses were prompt and helpful. I have paid my deposit via faxed credit card details(having firstly taken out full travel insurance should anything go amiss between now and Sept 09) and there was no problem with the transaction. All very professional and heaps of wonderful info is sent to you at the same time - eg. restaurants, markets, medical advice etc etc. I have no regrets about my decision at all.





If I understand your last post - the top floor three bedroom at the Palais Royale is still free for your dates? Plus the Sacre Coeur 2BR? IMO - if you can afford the Palais Royal apartment and as you%26#39;re travelling with children, this is the one I would go for. My brother has travelled many times to Paris (but on business and stays in hotels) and says that the Palais Royale location will be worth every euro!! Good luck - would love to hear how you get on. Cheers, Tanya




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:19 am, September 30, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment