Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Staying next to Sacre Cour

We%26#39;re debating whether to take a smaller/older apt in the 5th and a much larger/nicer one at rue charles Nodier by Sacre Cour. Those of you in the know, please give me your expert opinion. We%26#39;ll be four adults - first time in Paris for a full week.





Thanks,



Susana




|||



My vote goes to the apartment in the 5th. It is closer to the main sights and I am sure I will be reprimanded for saying this but in MY opinion it would be safer at night. I like the Sacre Cour area for the church, the view and the market square. Other than that I would not spend much time there.




|||



I agree with previous poster. For your first trip, I think you%26#39;ll be happier staying in a more central location. On a subsequent trip, you might consider Montmartre for it%26#39;s neighborhood appeal. There is a lot more to Montmartre than Sacre Coeur and Place du Tertre (thankfully).




|||



Although one of my favorite areas of Paris is Montmartre, I don%26#39;t know that I would be as comfortable there at night -late especially. The area is safe, but I have heard and read that there are some real seedy areas as well. Unless you know the area well, I%26#39;d opt for something more central.





I%26#39;ve heard sunset at Sacre Couer is amazing - I%26#39;ve never been in the area at that time but plan on it in he fall.




|||



It%26#39;s really up to you. No matter where you stay in Paris, you%26#39;ll want to go all over. The important thing about location is to be conveniently located to metro stations and bus routes.





Rue Charles Nodier is in a very hilly area and not in one of the more charming areas of Montmartre. If I were staying in Montmartre, I%26#39;d prefer the area west or northwest of Sacre Coeur.





But, you really need to check availability...




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:20 pm, September 30, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment