Friday, March 23, 2012

First Time Skier! Advice

Hi





I%26#39;m going skiing this weekend to Alpes D%26#39;Heuz, France, my children will be going to the ski school in the mornings as will I, I plan to ski with them later in the afternoon, but is there anything else in that location that I can do with them, ie: is there ice skating? They are 5 and 4.





Any suggestions would be welcome, also any good recommendations for some nice restaurants would also be great.





Thanks





Oli






|||



Hi.





First time skier to Alpe D%26#39;Huez last year and you%26#39;ll enjoy your time there!





There is an ice skating rink there as well as a sport centre which I think has a swimming pool in there.





Your instructors will prob tell you were to go in the afternoon and what slopes to ski and where to avoid - some of the slopes can get a bit faster %26amp; %26#39;crunchier%26#39; in the afternoon as they start to melt.





There is a lovely pizza place opposite the ice rink, I think it%26#39;s called Pinocchios or something like that. The food is delicious and reasonably priced. If you see the sports bar at the other end of town (huge illuminated guitar above it - you can%26#39;t really miss it!) avoid the small twee looking restaurant behind it. Went in there last year and the food was dire, sent one meal back twice and ended up not paying, it took ages for the meals to arrive and it wasn%26#39;t even full tho the people there were all complaining.





Enjoy your holiday! The kids will have no fear rushing down the slopes - they usually go faster than the adults as we fear falling over!!




|||



Hi





Thank you so much, that is great to know, and I%26#39;m sure our children will enjoy it, and will be showing me up by the end of the week.





Wish me luck.





Thanks again.





Olivia




|||



Hi, I am going next year in February and am trying to decide which school to use for lessons.



Please can you tell me if your lessons were ok and if so which ski school did you use and were they in a group or private please?



thanks



Susan




|||



Hi Susan,





I just got your mail today, I can recommend an instructor, unfortunately I don%26#39;t have the details in work with me, but I will get them tonight and post his details tomorrow.





I was a first time skier and part of a group of 7, me being the only first timer, he was really patient and calm, I was able to do all the green slopes by the end of the week and a few small blue ones. You can book individual lessons or group depending on what you prefer.





Excellent ski company.





I%26#39;ll get you those details tomorrow.





Olivia




|||



Great looking forward to receiving the details



thanks




|||



Hi Suzie





Sorry this is such a late reply







www.esf-alpedhuez.com





Ski Instructor we had was David Mouttet





Tel: 0033 4 76 80 31 69





M: 0033 6 15 42 39 02





email: david.mouttet@laposte.net







He was an excellent instructor, he takes individuals, group, kids, I%26#39;m assuming all the instructors do this too.





Have a Great time





Olivia




|||



thanks for the reply, but have now booked with British Masterclass wish us luck!




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:19 am, September 19, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment