Friday, March 23, 2012

Is it chilly in Paris right now?

We leave in a few days, darn, just looked at the 10-day forecast, and it%26#39;s in the 60s (F) for goodness sakes, for the highs (some days rain), is this normal? I wasn%26#39;t expecting in the 80s like here, but I need to go repack the suitcases!




|||



We just returned last night from a week in Paris and yes, it was chilly. Every day was in the 60%26#39;s and it was cloudy with light sprinkles most days. Not exactly what we had packed for.....I%26#39;d bring layers, a windbreaker sytle jacket and a scarf.....Our 10 day forecast said the first 2 days of our trip would be cool/rainy and then it was supposed to get into the 70%26#39;s with mixed sun and clouds....I think it was 70 for about 15 minutes on Sunday when the sun came out!




|||



The forecast (www.accuweather.com) I looked at predicted mid-high 60%26#39;s, which I think are the best possible temps for visiting Paris. It always seems warmer when you%26#39;re out and about doing a lot of walking, especially if there is any sunshine. It%26#39;s more comfortable indoors as well. Temps over 75 could really slow you down. I much prefer 60%26#39;s to 80%26#39;s.





Despite the forecast, it%26#39;s best to pack for warmer and cooler, and consider the lows. Something warmer for evenings, open air boat rides, sitting in breezy cafes, should be packed as well.





Paris weather is not predictable and is totally fickle. Even the forecast on the TV every morning is not that accurate. It%26#39;s not unusual to experience three seasons all in one day, day after day. Or, for there to be a really warm/hot spell, followed by very chilly days, or vice versa. And, the %26quot;feels like%26quot; temps depend on winds/breezes.




|||



Temperatures in the mid-60s F sounds wonderful compared to the stifling heat wave we have been having on the East coast of North America. With the humidex, it has felt like 38C (high 90s) so bring on a bit of cooler weather. I don%26#39;t plan on swimming in Paris anyway. LOL




|||



Thanks, it truly depends on if the sun is shining, I agree. Overcast and rain make a difference, and I%26#39;ll spend time on the plane deciding on days for museums, Versailles, etc., based on the forecast. I%26#39;m just a weenie, don%26#39;t like the cold, but it%26#39;s in the 90s here this week.




|||



I think Paris is most beautiful when it%26#39;s overcast. Especially the gardens!




|||



As has been said so often %26quot;Dress in layers%26quot; then you are prepared for the inevitable quick changes.




|||



I totally agree with layers. Unless it%26#39;s hot, I always get dressed and bring a sweater or raincoat or both. Typically add and remove all day long.





It%26#39;s also a good idea to bring hot weather tops, to layer under a sweater, even if hot is not in the forecast, as it can be really warm in some restaurants, shops, museums. Galleries Lafayette comes to mind. I usually have to take a break there for some fresh air even when it%26#39;s chilly outdoors.




|||



It%26#39;s 75 degrees Fahrenheit right now in Paris.





I agree that the weather in Paris is fickle. I was there for 30 days Sept-Oct %26#39;07 and kept checking accuweather each morning and evening. I would look at the 15 day forecast in the morning and get all excited or upset about the upcoming weather and when I checked again at night the 15-day forecast had totally changed. It was absolutely crazy-making. I don%26#39;t know why they even bother to predict. (It must be a creating jobs thing!!) They have no idea!




|||



Plenty of sun today. Lots of sundresses and tank tops. Last week was long pants and light coat.



Always pack layers and keep that umbrella handy.




|||



Just returned on Sunday and it was very cool - hey, at least it wasn%26#39;t hot and humid! I always overpack so had plenty of 3/4 sleeve shirts and light sweaters. My husband actually bought several sweaters while there. The forecast looks warmer now though, just take some layers. I had packed many short sleeve shirts and wore one...

No comments:

Post a Comment