Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Where to visit near Paris

There are four of us visiting Paris in October. We have an apartment for 5 nights, but wondering where to visit and stay besides Paris for the last 2 days. We would be able to leave on a Thursday morning and have to be back to the airport in Paris on Saturday for a 2:15pm flight. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.




|||



When you say %26quot;the last 2 days%26quot; do you means out of the 5 days or after the 5 days?





How about the Loire Valley, Normandy, Giverny?




|||



I am confused too, do you mean a total of 5 days in Paris , or do you mean you have rented an apt for 5 out of 7 days?





I second In Loves suggestion of Loire Valley, you don%26#39;t really have time to go any further. Frankly for a one week trip it would never occur to me to go anywhere else, but you %26quot; power tourists%26quot; seem to like to go go go...



Why not extend stay in Paris to 7 days and just take one or two daytrips out of Paris, Versailles and Loire Valley are good, or Chartes .




|||



It all depends on your interests...History, Chateaux, Champagne area, etc?





Keep in mind that you%26#39;d need to be at CDG no later than 11:15 AM day of departure, so you probably wouldn%26#39;t want to be more than a 2-3 hour train ride away.




|||



Just to clarify, we arrive in Paris on Oct. 4 and leave Oct.11, so have 7 nights, but only 5 in the apartment. We%26#39;ll need to find a place to stay for the last 2 nights. I have hotel points so staying in Paris and doing day trips for the last 2 days sounds like the way to go. We definitely will do a day at Versailles. Any details on Loire Valley or Chartes would be welcomed.



Thank you for your suggestions.




|||



I took a day trip to Loire Valley and saw 3 castles. A van picked me up at my apartment and dropped me at their main office where I boarded a large bus. When we arrived back in Paris around 6pm, a van took me back to my apartment. I might have used Cityrama although I am not positive. I enjoyed the trip and it was one of the few things I thought was worth going on a tour. Actually, there wasn%26#39;t much of a tour at any of the castles but it was very convenient transportation.





There are tons of Loire Valley tours on line. The one I took actually gave me a 10% AAA discount. I think it was with Greyline. I saw the AAA discount on one tour and when I asked if it could apply to my tour they told me yes.




|||



Thank you In Love With Paris. We will definitely look into this option.




|||



If you like History, go to Normandy. D-Day beaches, existing museum etc.




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:20 pm, September 30, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment