Friday, March 30, 2012

Angelina on Rue de Rivoli



Hello,





I am wondering if I would require a reservation first thing in the morning when Angelina opens (8am) or if we can just walk in.



We plan on going this Wednesday morning for breakfast.





Thank you !




|||



My hotel was pretty much beside Angelina%26#39;s and I%26#39;d pass by on my morning jogs. It never looked very busy first thing in the morning, so I wouldn%26#39;t think that you%26#39;d need a reservation.





I never tried to eat there in the morning though, this is just based on running past and/or getting a pastry from the take out side.





Actually the one time I tried to eat there in the morning, I was too early (it was a Saturday and they didn%26#39;t open until, I think, 10am).




|||



No reservation needed. We walked in and were seated right away, around 9AM I think. Check their website for opening times. We had the famous hot chocolate, worth the trip by itself. They offer a full breakfast menu as well.







oprah 44




|||



We really enjoy Angelina%26#39;s. We go every year for brunch and have never had to make a reservation. Even if the line looks long, it moves really really fast. Its a pretty big place and they turn the tables quickly there - mainly tourists, but the food is wonderful . . . .the best quiche I have every eaten.





The first time we went the line was out the door, probably 15 people deep. Waited in line maybe 10 minutes.





They are famous for their hot chocolate - too rich for my taste, but something to experience. The Mont Blanc is really good and rich too - but my favorite is their lemon tart!




|||



I love Angelina%26#39;s. I went there 3 times on my recent 30-day trip to Paris. I don%26#39;t even think they take reservations. Lunch time is busy there but the wait staff is very %26quot;business like%26quot; so things move quickly. I agree that the restaurant is quite large.





Don%26#39;t worry about it. Just go there and enjoy. Order the L%26#39;Africain (hot chocolate--comes with a bowl of chantilly--whipped cream). I agree that their quiche is delicious. I have also had the mont blanc for dessert (extremely rich but this place is famous for it and I had to try it. It was pretty good but it is rare that I can%26#39;t finish a dessert and I couldn%26#39;t finish this one.) I%26#39;ve heard their croque monsieur is delicious too. I%26#39;ll have that on my next trip




|||



I agree with everyone else%26#39;s comments. They seem to be very busy around tea time though, I like their omelets and club sandwiches.Salads are good too. I was not impressed with the Crogue Monsier though. A litte dry. You must try the hot chocolate. Once was enough for me but my husband has it everytime. It is so rich that it is a meal in and of itself for me. The waiters are a bit haughty I think.




|||



Does anyone have a website for Angelina%26#39;s or know their Sunday hours? I googled them and can%26#39;t find a website. Thanks. Also, where on Rue de Rivoli are they?




|||



Angelina%26#39;s is located at 226 Rue de Rivoli (quite near the Louvre but on the opposite side of the street). It is next to the Hotel Maurice. If you look up at 206 Rue de Rivoli you will see a plaque denoting that Tolstoy lived here.




|||



Use Google Earth and zoom in on the address. You can see exactly where it is in relation to the Louvre and the Ritz and other sites in Paris. We walked to it from our hotel near the Eiffel Tower, arising early one morning during last December. It was about a 40 minute jaunt but we are morning walkers year round. The hot chocolate was especially delicious after the walk.





oprah44




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:20 pm, September 30, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment