Friday, March 30, 2012

Paris Hilton "Hotel"....good or bad????

Considering a stay at this hotel...many conflicting reviews from what I can see. Anyone have a current opinion?





Thanks,





James




|||



We stayed at the Hilton Paris last September to extend an apartment stay, for dates the apartment was not available.





It has its plusses and minuses - mostly plusses. The hotel is very modern, so not small and full of charm. Our room was huge with a king size bed, and the decor throughout seemed brand new. (We started out with a room looking to the Tour Eiffel, but requested to be moved to the other side. During our visit, there were soccer (?) matches going on, and the bottom of the Tour was lit a terrible shade of green and there was an ugly balloon floating (sinking) within, along with revelers in Champs de Mars who were quite audible. Our room on the other side had a terrific balcony and overlooked a beautiful garden and what I think were private apartments.) Excellent hot water and pressure, with plenty of large, soft, towels that did not smell of bleach (if any of that matters to you). Service throughout the hotel was friendly and efficient. We very much enjoyed the cocktail lounge.





The location is not the best (if you want to be %26quot;central%26quot;), but it%26#39;s just fine. Close to Bir Hakeim metro station and several bus routes that run daily and until just after midnight.





Restaurants, cafes, patisseries, etc., are not real close by, but there are plenty within a few blocks. I don%26#39;t remember the price of breakfast at the hotel, but they offered Continental or American, both at positively %26quot;you must be kidding%26quot; prices.





Actually, I booked for a ridiculously low rate with Hotwire, so I was just thrilled with the place.




|||



Its an American chain hotel, in Paris.



Area is not my favorite.



I am sure hotel is up to American standards for room size and amenties, but it as previous poster said lacks any charm at all, and the area is not that central, I prefer to be able to walk out my door and being within a 1/2 block of a cute cafe or bistro..





If someone else was paying( or if able to use points) I would stay there, but on my own dime I would stay somewhere with more character in the 5th or 6th arrondissmont.





If you are looking for a very nice hotel in the 6th check out the Hotel Aubusson, I stayed right up the street from it and I loved the area.




|||



I%26#39;ve stayed at this hotel a couple of times and like it. It%26#39;s a modern, attractive hotel with all the amenities one expects in a Hilton, including good restaurants. As for being part of a chain, I suppose it is, but then I%26#39;ve never stayed in a Hilton overseas that was the same as any other. As for location, we enjoyed our view of the Eiffel Tower from our big, comfy room and liked being able to take a short walk over to the park around it. When my laptop crashed, the business center saved me.




|||



My boyfriend and I are planning to stay there soon. My sister has stayed there a couple of times and highly recommended it to us. Many rooms have views of the Eiffel Tower, which really attracted us to this hotel. I hope you have a nice stay.




|||



We just returned from an 8 night stay at the Paris Hilton (May 20-28). I%26#39;m a Diamond member so we used points. We loved the room with a view of the Eiffel Tower. I would highly recommend it. Being within walking distance of the Tower was perfect for us. The breakfast buffet downstairs was excellent. The bar was very nice and although the hotel itself is older, the rooms are pretty nice for Europe. We loved having a king size bed (in London all we could find was a double). All in all, we had a nice stay and I would recommend it.




|||



Dolphina....Thank you so much for your post. I think I am going to book it. Since I know I am definitely going I think booking in advance (prepayment) with the breakfast buffet...can save me even more money than booking with flexibility.





I am a Hilton Honors member...not at the diamond level. I suppose I can request the Tower view? And Hope????




|||



I was there last month (the Hilton at the Eiffel Tower...not sure if that%26#39;s the one you%26#39;re referring to). I thought was very nice. The rooms are more of what you might expect from a Hampton in this country...but ours was clean and comfortable. Staff was excellent, too. If you can gain access to the executive lounge, do so by any means. We saved beaucoup bucks indulging in the continental breakfast in the AM and open bar in the PM there.




|||



I stayed at the Hilton Eiffel in March. I am not sure why other posters say there are no restaurants nearby. There are at least 5 Cafes/Brasseries within one block of the hotel on Avenue de Suffren (2 are just across the street). There is a grocery store and Patisserie 1/2 block from the hotel on Avenue de Suffren and another larger grocery store close to Bir Hakim.





The staff at the Hilton Eiffel is outstanding. I think you will be pleasantly surprised.





Hope this helps.




|||



How doid you obtain access to the lounge? Where you staying ina suite/





Regards



Buckminster




|||



Hilton Honor members have access to the Executive Lounge. I know Diamond members have access for sure. Not sure about Gold or Silver members. Obtaining a room with a view of the Eiffel Tower is based on the room level you pay for, occupancy and/or hilton honor membership.

No comments:

Post a Comment