Friday, March 23, 2012

Did we make good restaurant choices? Packing for weather!

Hello fellow trip-advisors,





After researching on my own and gleaning some info from this forum, my husband and I have decided on the following restaurants for our up-coming trip:





Banyan (thai)15th Arr.



Le Bistrot de Olivier-8th



Le Soleil Gourmand (prior to Moulin Rouge show)-18th



Taillevent (25th anniv. dinner)-8th



Goumard (seafood)-1st





Any thoughts? We prefer to do some non-french dining to %26quot;mix it up%26quot; along with some less elaborate meals. Our hotel is in the 16th, so several of our choices are not within walking distance. Can we get transportation back from these other areas without a problem...if we are there at midnight or later?



Also, I see that the weather has been very cool and rainy for quite some time (and doesn%26#39;t appear to be changing in the near forecast). We will be in Paris from June 17th-22nd. Because my kids have weekend soccer tournaments out of town prior to the day that we are leaving (!), I am attempting to come up with my packing list now so that I can just place everything in our luggage and go! I was planning on summer/warm clothing, but now I am not so sure. I am one of those people who is always cold :). Thanks for any advice/feedback!




|||



The only one I%26#39;ve been to on your list is Taillevent and it was the best meal of our lives! Exquisite food and impeccable service. ENJOY! Especially for your anniversary.





Please note that men are required to wear jackets at Taillevent. But since you%26#39;ll be celebrating your anniversary it will be a wonderful time to get really dressed up anyway.




|||



Mamakinrocks,





Isn%26#39;t it fun to try and plan your %26quot;adult%26quot; life around the kids schedules? We are doing a summer vacation to Sweden and have to fit it in after baseball and before high school soccer so that gives us about one week at the beginning of August.





It looks like to did your homework and you guys will be well fed! Think of all the great conversations you will have during all those dinners.





We were in Paris a couple of weeks ago and the weather was the same as the forecast you mentioned. I had a sweater twin set and I think I wore the cardigan part almost everyday! I wish I had packed at least one pair of capris because it does get hot in the museums and out of the wind. The only time I was really cold was in my dress clothes at night. I am not a pashina kind of person, but I think it would have been a good thing to bring along for the evening (just in case).





Enjoy!




|||



Thanks so much for your kind replies. I am trying to pack smart and be prepared for everything. When we went on our last cruise, I was determined to pack less, so I only took one pair of black shoes. My heel broke at the beginning of formal night!! I swore that was the last time that I would not take %26quot;everything%26quot; :)! I am still trying though (lol). I, too, am always cold and that is one thing that I just can%26#39;t take. Yes, the kid%26#39;s schedules make most leisure time a thing of the past. It is absolutely insane. Still, we love it and wouldn%26#39;t trade it for the world!




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:19 am, September 30, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment