Friday, March 23, 2012

Help With Dinner Reservations...

I am working on my backpacking trip in Europe and need help with a few things. My main thing is finding one restaurant where I can take my girlfriend to dinner.





Quick facts:



She%26#39;s never been to Europe, I have



I LOVE French cuisine (I work in a Bistro, my parents own a restaurant)



We are both huge foodies, we%26#39;ll travel just to eat sometimes.



We love wine and cocktails with dinner.



We%26#39;ll try almost anything, we love being fully involved, from street food to $600 meals.





So here%26#39;s the deal...I need a place that will run be no more then say 130EURO w/ wine. I%26#39;d spend more, but we%26#39;re college students, we%26#39;re on a budget and Paris is our first stop so I definitely cannot blow all my money on one meal. I DO NOT want to go somewhere thats too nice because i%26#39;m not taking a coat, or a tie and my girlfriend isn%26#39;t taking nice dresses either.





Does this sound good? Finding a place thats exactly 130EURO isn%26#39;t the most important thing, we want good AUTHENTIC Parisian cuisine. Oh yeah, we love to sit for hours over a bottle of wine :)





This has got to be doable right?




|||



My recommendation would be to spend some time at your local bookstore perusing a few guides - Pudlo, Zagat, Access, etc. - for restaurants that would be appealing to YOU.





To my knowledge, there is no such thing as %26quot;AUTHENTIC Parisian cuisine%26quot;.




|||



Well ok maybe i%26#39;ve been misinformed with the %26#39;technical%26#39; terms so to speak. Bottom line - We want authentic French cuisine.





I%26#39;ve got a few books but nothing really restaurant specific - i%26#39;ll have to fins a Zagat book for Paris..





When I say authentic I mean from the decor to the food, etc. - not a modern restaurant doing edgy cuisine (which I love), but traditional French.




|||



I am in your situation (backpacker AND food traveller) and picked La RĂ©galade after a lot of reading around. It is rated number 9 out of thousands right here on TA. Its more a bistro, but sounds that the food is as typical french haute cuisine you can get and also abundant. And cheap too (54 euros for the most expensive menu).





tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g187147-d7…





Can%26#39;t wait to try this one!




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:19 pm, September 30, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment