Tuesday, March 27, 2012

International texting

Hi,





I will be backpacking around Europe for July and will be leaving my domestic cell phone here becuase it doesn%26#39;t come with international text.





My friend may have an phone I can use and she can I can just buy the SIM Card or something for the phone if I just want to text.





I really dont%26#39; know that much about using SIM cards for her cell, is it easy to buy around Europe and does it work overseas to Canada?





I will be visiting the following cities:





Berlin



Budapest



Prague



Split



Rome



Florence



Nice





Thanks a lot in advance!






|||



Hello fellow Vancouverite.. I%26#39;m super jealous about your upcoming month long trip.





Is your phone, by chance, a %26#39;world phone%26#39;? If so, you should be able to just let your phone plan provider know where you%26#39;ll be and when and they can set you up for the long distance plan. I have a Motorolla PEBL and had no problems while travelling in Europe last summer. I remember giving people the online %26#39;send a text%26#39; page on the Fido site (they%26#39;re my phone service provider) and people were able to send me texts for free.





On previous trips (pre-PEBL) I borrowed rellies phones while in London and just topped up the buy-as-you-go minutes. I think that was with Orange.. but I don%26#39;t know if they%26#39;re specific to the UK or not.





If your own phone won%26#39;t work you will probably want to find out the brand/model that your friend has. Based on that information, I%26#39;m sure you%26#39;ll get some helpful responses from the forums from people who%26#39;ve got the same phone.





Good luck!




|||



I don%26#39;t understand SIM cards, but I do have one very important tip for you. Always send a new message instead of replying. Otherwise you will be charged for the entire message including the orginal. Because as it goes back and the number of words build up so does the bill!




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:17 pm, September 30, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment