Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Hotel Colbert - help with cancel policy translation please!

Hello-



I am trying to book the Hotel Colbert in Tours through www.citotel.com. I cannot find an English version of the citotel.com site. The cancel policy is in French below:





Il est entendu que toute annulation devra faire l%26#39;objet d%26#39;un écrit (courrier, fax ou e-mail). Toute annulation survenant plus de 72 heures avant la date d%26#39;arrivée, sauf cas de force majeure dûment motivée, donnera lieu à la conservation par l%26#39;établissement de la totalité des arrhes versées, soit 30% du montant du séjour avec au minimum le prix d%26#39;une nuitée.





I%26#39;m thinking back to my high school French...I think it says I can cancel 72 hours prior to arrival without penalty. I get stuck with the part about 30% in the last line. Anyone?





Thanks in advance for any help here!




|||



They will need the cancelation in writing either by mail, email or fax. You will recieve full refund if the reason you are canceling is beyond your control however if they feel your reason is not justified you will be charged 30% of your booking.




|||



Thanks for the reply. In the end I tried to book there, but there were no rooms available for our dates. The help with the translation will be helpful for future bookings elsewhere perhaps.




|||



Try the website www.freetranslation.com Cut and Paste the text you want translated. Trying to book with the Hotel Colbert is a nightmare. They don%26#39;t seem to respond to emails or respond to telephone calls. Two emails to the Citotel website were also ignored. Why have an email address I wonder.....




|||



I am really tired of trying to contact the Hotel Colbert by email. I have had to cut short my stay in Tours and needed to talk to them about my new arrangements. Despite asking them to respond I have had no reply. Be warned.




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:15 pm, September 21, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment