Tuesday, March 27, 2012

help me plan my sightseeing!

Hello there!





I really enjoy reading these posts. You guys are very knowledgeable about Paris I am hugely impressed!



Can I ask for some advice? Myself, my husband, his parents and our two girls are visiting Paris for a short three day vacation and then on to Perpignan for seven. I have been planning this trip for some time, reading travel books websites etc. to prepare us especially my parents in law. However,I am stumped when it comes to organising and veiwing the tourist sites.



we don%26#39;t want to overdo it so I have asked everyone what they want to see most of all and I have come up with Mussee d%26#39; Orsay, Notre Dame, Tour d%26#39; Eiffel, Napoleon%26#39;s tomb (only) and of course the Louvre. We are staying at Hotel Fleurie. We will be walking a lot,just hanging out with the granparents and will take a batobus trip at sometime, for the kids. We arrive on a Wed 12 midday annd leave for Perpignan Sat 1pm.



Firstly, can I get a walking map online sonewhere? How do I organise the sughtseeing according to distance from each other? Any recommandations and advice? Thanks a lot




|||



I am a fair novice at planning my own trips to Paris, so my advice and tactics will get better with time . . . but this is what I do.





I keep a good map of the city with me when I am reading any guidebook. ( I personally like the Rough Guide to Paris Map) When I find something of interest and want to plan to see that, I find it on the map and make a note of where it is at. Then I can sort of bunch it together when I make my final plans. There are always little shops and markets that I am reading about that I would love to visit, so I note which attraction or site it is near and then group the shopping and sightseeing together so that I am not backtracking alot.





Everyone has their favorites of what to see and do and each trip I keep adding to my list. Napoleon%26#39;s tomb is interesting and the museum gives a good history, but I wouldn%26#39;t miss Sacre Couer for it.



If you decide to do Napoleon%26#39;s Tomb, know that Musee Rodin is very close so do those together.





Keep reading the Forum and you will get a lot of advice on how to plan your trip. A lot of people ask about itineraries and alot of advice is offered. I am amazed how many people on this site are so helpful and know so much. Keep reading and it will come together for you. Good luck!




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:20 pm, September 30, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment