Friday, March 30, 2012

Which Citadines?

Hi all,



I%26#39;m trying to scan the posts on the Citadines chain because I hate asking questions that people have already answered. So if I do that, I am really sorry. I tried to check the answers first.



Basically, I would just like to know which Citadines to choose for our situation. It will be my husband and I traveling for a week with our two children. Two girls age 7 and 1 year. We want something safe, close to the metro, close to grocery shopping, something nice, modern, clean, with a good view. I saw that most are the same it just depends on location. I have no idea about Paris and it%26#39;s locations as this is our first time. I have found so much information I admit that I am overwhelmed. I don%26#39;t want to screw up by picking somewhere we will end up hating. Does anyone have any advice which Citadine would be ideal for us? Thanks so much for any and all help.



Sincerely,


Angi




|||



MrsB52403, CocoChanel has graciously bumped-up a recent thread on this subject: %26quot;Citadines - best locations?%26quot;




|||



Thanks so much. I%26#39;ll check it out.





Angi




|||



Hi, I have enjoyed staying at the Citadines Louvre. The one bedroom will have a full bed in the bedroom and a hide-a-bed in the living room. Sometimes the hide-a-bed sofa becomes two twins. I enjoyed the kitchenette. Great bathroom. It is right behind the Hotel Louvre--about one and half block from the Louvre. There are some local quick shops and bakeries within two blocks. Groceries can be purchased at the lower level of Monoprix on Avenue L%26#39;Opera -- about 10-15 walk -- take your rolling empty suitcase for easy home transport of food.




|||



I%26#39;m also travelling to Paris(leaving very soon) and I have booked to stay at the Citadines Louvre. I believe, from all reports, that this place is excellent. We are also travelling as a family and I thought this would be the best place for us in terms of location , accessibility to the Metro and local bakeries etc. I%26#39;ll be back mid April when are you going? I can let you know first hand how it goes when i get back.



Cheers




|||



Thanks so much for the replies! We went ahead and booked a few days ago at St. Geramins-des-pres. From all I have heard sounds like it and the Lourve are the better ones centrally located. We will go in June so I will tell you all about it when we get back. I would love to hear what you thought of your stay!



Have a great time.


Angi




|||



Hi angie, i%26#39;ll let you know how we go at the citadines Louvre. We are going to Italy first and arrive in Paris March 30th. so stay tuned.




|||



I am sure you will enjoy which ever citadine you choose. they all seem pretty respectable. I am so tired of all the research, am wondering if it may have been better booking a tour! I am meeting my daughter in Paris on the 3rd, then travelling through Italy back to sth france - so much work!


Have a great trip!


regards


loz mum




|||



wow sounds like an exciting trip! I know what you mean about being tired of all the research. There is so much involved in planning a trip isn%26#39;t there? Just rememeber to enjoy yourself :) Have a great time!





Angi




|||



The Citadines Tour Eiffel is across the stree from Métro Lamotte-Piquet-Grenelle and across the stree from a Monoprix that has a full floor of groceries. And when i say across the street, it is literally across the street. And teh area (the 15th) is a very safe one.




|||



We were a group of 11 people on vacation from New York, 4 adults and 7 kids, we arrived in Paris by way of the train from Waterloo, England. We had booked 3 rooms at the Citadines Paris-Saint-Germain des Pres and were very excited b/c we had heard great things and booked 6 months in advance. When we arrived at 10:00 am we were promtly told that they were OVERBOOKED and had no room at all for any of us. none of the 3 rooms were available! (and it was still morning) the %26quot;manager%26quot; offered to split us up at all differnt Citadines Hotel locations to %26quot;help us out%26quot;. we were furious! we stayed there for 2 hours arguing with them about how we would remedy the %26quot;situation%26quot;. as it turns out, this hotel does it all of the time. in fact, we were waiting there so long with all of the kids, that they told the next family of 5 the same story! in the end we did all split up for the 4 nights we had booked, and it was very inconvenient and disturbing b/c 3 of us were ladies traveling alone with our kids and had to stay in hotels which were miles away from the other adult! i will Never give them our business again! we heard later that night at dinner, that an airline stewards were taking our rooms b/c they had a company contract with the hotel. VERY dissapointed!

No comments:

Post a Comment