Thursday, April 12, 2012

Somewhere to go in the south west of France

I%26#39;m studying in Bordeaux at the moment and am looking for somewhere to go or something to do on a weekend.





Does anybody have any good ideas? Wine tasting is not really up my street as I still havent managed to start liking it yet! I also dont have a car so that limits me, but I do have a railcard.





I looked at the region of Lot which looks really nice but I think I would need a car.





Any suggestions for a place worth seeing in this region (or maybe a bit further) would be great!





Thanks :-)




|||



Hi,





Sorry - but I have to say it - you are studying in Bordeaux and don%26#39;t like wine - what a waste!!! I hope you get to like it before you leave as you%26#39;ll regret a wasted opportunity if you ever do become a wine lover.





Back to the question, I think you are right about Lot, you really do need a car. With no car, you may be better to look at larger towns. How about La Rochelle, Biarritz or Toulouse, all only a couple of hours by train. I%26#39;m presuming as you are a student you are fairly young, in which case you may enjoy Biarritz or Toulouse the most. Even Paris would not be too far for the weekend if you have the cash for it.





Hope this gives you a couple of ideas





Alison




|||



Bergerac? Sarlat? Lascaux?





The possibilities in the Pergord Noir are endless.




|||





Ive just returned from a fabulous holiday in the South West...Yes the Lot, Lot valley is just beautiful...you def would need a car, its worth it even if its just for the day.





i loved the little village Monflanquin...beautiful!





good luck and enjoy !




|||



You said %26quot;a bit further%26quot; so I%26#39;ll mention Carcassonne, a beautiful walled city about 300 kilometers from Bordeaux. It%26#39;s well worth the trip.





A bit closer is Spain. Pamplona has its festival coming up next month.




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:16 pm, September 30, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment