Thursday, April 19, 2012

Paris for 20 hours

We will be landing in Paris in the late morning and leaving the next early morning. Should we stay at a hotel near the airport and go in for the day or get a hotel in Paris in a central location?




|||



Doesn%26#39;t anyone have an opinion???




|||



Is your flight back to the States? In that case you need to be at airport 3 hrs. before take off, so I would stay at airport,take bus or RER into city ,stay late(what time of year are you going?)in city, maybe take a nighttime boat ride and return to airport to sleep. Of course I don%26#39;t how expensive Airport hotels are.




|||



Yes, we are going back to the states. We will be there next April. Any airport hotel suggestions???




|||



I understand where bmanley is coming from, but if it were me, I%26#39;d go into Paris and stay there. Yeah, you%26#39;ll have to get up an hour earlier to get out to the airport, but you can end the evening before in Paris freaking France, not schlepping out to some nondescript airport hotel. Think about it. Would you rather stay in Manhattan or at a hotel near JFK?




|||



texhills, I must say that I got a chuckle out of reading %26quot;freaking%26quot; as a verb.





SOUP-ER, I would vote for staying close to the airport and staying in Paris proper for as long as possible to maximize your time.




|||



Ouiparis, you made me scratch my noggin and think about grammar. Ouch, that hurt! Actually, I think it%26#39;s an adjective as used, but who cares among friends, right?




|||



texhills, straying from the topic here, but I DID (eventually) understand what you meant. However, I initially read it as a verb.




|||



SOUP-ER,



If you decide to stay at the airport I would use Hotwire or Priceline. We used Hotwire and got the Hilton for $139. USD. If your flight is before 9:00 am. I would stay at the airport. If it%26#39;s later than that I%26#39;d stay in the city.




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:18 pm, September 29, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment