Thursday, April 19, 2012

Can we do DLP & Paris day trip in 3 1/2 days?

Hi all!





We are going to DLP in 2 week%26#39;s time, 4 days, 3 nites trip (I can%26#39;t wait)! We are 2 adults, a 3yr old girl and 18mth old boy.





Do you think we can cover the park and studios in 2 1/2 days? What rides can my 3yr old go on in the studios? Can she get on Crush%26#39;s coaster and is a bit scary, heard there are alot of twists and turns? Which shows are good? As my 2 are young I think that the studios maybe a little limited for them, and can cover this in 1/2 - 1 day, and the park in 1 1/2 - 2 days.





My hubby wants to go on the guided Paris day tour but I don%26#39;t want to pay roughly £115 for this. I want to explore the cheaper option of getting into Paris on the train. With 2 young kids in buggies will we be able to get into Paris on the RER and on a local sightseeing bus relatively easily? Are there lifts at the train stations or is it all stairs? Which stop should we get off to catch a bus and for the boat cruise down the Seine?





My 3 yr old cannot wait to meet the princesses! We are going Mon - Thurs, are the queues huge at the meet and greets? I am thinking of booking the princess dinner at the Auberge to make sure that she does see them!





Ooh, 2 wks to go, I really can%26#39;t wait!!!




|||



Hi supermum



In the studio the crush´s coaster has high limited acsess, I don´t think Your three year old is so high.



But You will have flying carpent.



and small cars, like in the movie cars



And a train tour, and another one which my girls liked very much . Where its stunt shows.



You have stich in the studio, and there is a show with Donald and Mickey.



For the Magic Kingdom there is a lot they can go on, and If You use baby switch You and your husbond can drive the big ones.



I have also taken all my children with me on pirates on the caribben , that was no problems.





For Your trip to Paris.



I think maybe it will be hard with trollys to the kid on the train, but it is possible to do ,what You want, starting early in the morning by the train.



Catch a lockal sightseeing bus and hop on and of.





We have been in the top at the eifell tower with a trolley some 5 years ago with our middle one.



We just went in the elevator for the first step, and when we went on for going down, some very nice gards at the Eifell tower asked me if I wanted to go to the top. I said yes, but I had this trolley.



No problem they said and got me inside another elevator and up we went.



Very nice trip.





I know You didn´t get all Your answer here, but hopefully someone else give You a better answer.





Mutter




|||



Hi Mutter,





Thanks for your advice, all very useful.




|||



Hi Supermum we have just returned from DLRP so will try and answer your questions!



We had 3 full days in the parks and 1 day in Paris. With 3 long days in the parks we managed to see everything plus ride our favourite rides again.





Although Fantasyland will be where you will want to spend a lot of your time there is still stuff to do in Walt Disney Studios. The Flying carpet ride is very similar to Dumbo, but without the queues. My children rode this about 5 times as they loved being able to move the carpet up and down! Crush%26#39;s coaster is a fast rollercoster in the dark! Its very misleading because it%26#39;s Nemo it looks like its for small kids, but it%26#39;s not! My 6 year old boy did it and loved it, but I saw lots of small children crying on it! My 3 year old didn%26#39;t go on it because other parents warned us about it!



The shows are really good! You must do Animagic in the studios park. Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck and lots of other characters singing and dancing. And Stitch Live. We saw Stitch twice. If they like spinning you could also do the Cars ride in the studios park (very similar to the Mad hatters ride in fantasyland). If the Winnie the Pooh show is on in Fantasyland that is worth catching with little ones, but when we there it was only on at weekends.



You must also watch the Dream Parade in the afternoons.



For getting into Paris it is easy to do on the train. And much cheaper than a tour. We bought return tickets for 12euros50 for adults that also let us ride the Metro. Children under 4 years are free. It was quite hard work going into Paris after the ease of Disneyland! But having said that the kids really enjoyed seeing the Eiffel tower and the Pompidou centre. We had planned to go up the Eiffel tower but the queues were too long! Busier than Disneyland! Using the Metro with a pushchair was hard work, but definitly easier than the Underground in London! There are lifts and barrier exits for pushchairs and people were helpful! Not like in London! There are paris tours from the Disney hotels but I think they are about 65 euros per adult! We had planned to spend 2 days at Disney and 2 days in Paris, but in the end we decided 1 day in Paris was enough.



From Disneyland you take RER line A into Paris. We got off at Charles de Gaule Etoile and then transferred on to line 6 to Bir Hakeim from where we walked to the Eiffel tower. You can then catch a boat from there up the Seine. We were going to do this, but there were queues (again!) and you had to buy another ticket so we went back to the metro for free (Champ de mars Tour Eiffel) and caught line C to Notre Dame where we had lunch.



I dont know how much time you have on the day you arrive? I thought we would have time to go to the parks on the day we arrived, but our flight was delayed from England. Then we had to wait a while for the VEA coach from CDG to the hotel. By the time we got to our hotel it was 5pm and the parks close at 7pm. So we ended up walking into Disney Village which was good for getting us in the mood however.





For the princesses meet and greet there were big queues so we didn%26#39;t queue. But you can stand by the side and see them anyway which my 3 year old daughter was quite happy with! I also managed to get photos of them, you just dont get a picture of your daughter with them! I just waited %26#39;til in between photo shots to get a princess picture without random child! At 10.45 or 11.45 there is also a little mini show in the castle courtyard where sleeping beauty comes out and dances and sings! My daughter loved that. Its only about 10 minutes but you can get really close! Check the programme for timings. The meal at the Auberge sounds lovely, but it is expensive so we didn%26#39;t do it. 55 euros per adult. I think about 20 for children. I figured my daughter had seen and done so much anyway there was no need to spend over £100 on a meal.





Sorry I seem to have waffled on for ages! It%26#39;s because it was sooo good!




|||



Hi Podsy,





Thanks v. much for your post, it was v. detailed and informative, just what I need!





We won%26#39;t get into CDG till 2pm, so I suspect we will arrive in DLP at around 3pm. How long does it take on the shuttle bus?





I have already pre-booked the Paris day tour. We had second thoughts and I think it will be hard work with a buggy and 2 young kids on public transport. I have also pre-booked the princess lunch to ensure that my daughter meets them. It is cheaper prebooking - £38/adult and £14/child. It is a once in a lifetime experience and it will be worth it to see her face light up!





I don%26#39;t think my 3yr old will like Crush%26#39;s coaster so will stay clear of that. I will make sure we see Animagique, Stitch live and the parades. Just 6 days to go, I can%26#39;t wait, it%26#39;s my first time to Disney too! Nevermind the kids, I%26#39;m more excited then them!





Thanks again!




|||



Hi there supermum.



You got us all a good info there , telling about when prebooking auberge de cenderillon it will turn out cheaper.



Normal price at Auberge de cenderillon is 55 for adult and You say that it cost 38 euro .



For that price You will get



Coctails



three courses of meal



wine or beer or water what ever you wish , and



coffe or tea after.





For the bus www.vea.fr



Time it taking to take the schuttle bus depend a lot about how busy it is, first time we went it took very long time, but when we went back to the airport it took about 30 min or so.





Have a very nice holiday.



Mutter




|||



you can do disneyland and the studios in two full days - there is a direct train service from disney into the centre of paris that takes only 30mins and costs about 25euro for family of 4 - I didnt see lifts but there are plenty of escalators.



As for the characters - you see them all day long in the park for photos and autographs so you should have no problems on that score




|||



Hi Mutter,





Note the currency I used was £%26#39;s - English pounds. So prebooking the Auberge cost me in Euros 45.60/adult and E16.80/child, so I still make a saving! You save money when you prebook any character meals or Buffalo Bill%26#39;s. I have also prebooked Cafe Mickey at Euros 25.20/adult and E12/child. You can do that for your next trip!





Just 5 days to go, I really can%26#39;t wait! I just hope the weather gets better. The forecast is for sun on Sunday and Monday so I hope it lasts the whole week!




|||



Hi supermum



Its a good savings even if that was in pound which I didn´t notice.



I understand that You looking forward to Your holiday



and hope You get a very nice one too. For us we are not going for a long time, to busy working out october before it get a bit quiet.



But I have yesterday got a prepresent ( Birthday )to London in November with my friend. Only us girl going this year.



Mutter




|||



Hi Supermum!



The VEA shuttle from CDG to Disneyland is easy once you get on it, but we did find it a bit erratic!



We found Charles De Gaulle airport didn%26#39;t have very good signs! I dont know who you are flying with but if it is Air France you will probably arrive at Terminal 2E. You then need to find the walkway/tunnel that connects Terminal 2E with terminal 2 (D or F, can%26#39;t remember which!) It%26#39;s kind of in the middle! Along this corridor are also hire car places and other buses. You then want door 5 for the VEA disneyland shuttle. It%26#39;s also sometimes called Navette. It%26#39;s easy to find when you know where to go, but when you just get off a plane we wasted about 15mins looking for it!



Once we found the stop we had just missed 1 coach (which must have left very punctually). There was another one 40 minutes later so we decided to wait for that, but that one was 45 minutes late, so we had ended up waiting an hour and a half at CDG! Another friend had a similar experience when they flew to CDG recently too!



Getting on the bus is also a bit of a scrum as you cant prebook! Our tactic was for me to get on the bus as quick as I could with the children and buy the tickets from the driver while my husband put the luggage under the coach! Once you are on the coach it is really simple and it takes you right outside the hotel. Depending where you are staying it might take a while driving around all the other hotels. But it means you get to have a quick nose at them! The actual journey from the airport to the first hotel is about 45mins if the traffic is ok.



The shuttle costs 17 euros adults and 13 for children 3 or over.



Despite all the above I think the shuttle is easier than changing trains, going on the TGV or RER. Obviously a taxi is the easiest! When we asked about a taxi we were told it could be anything from 70-100 euros depending on traffic and time of day. When we asked on a weds at around 3pm we were told it would be 70-80 euros, so that%26#39;s why we opted for the shuttle. With hindsight it would have been much quicker though!





Have a fabulous time! I%26#39;m missing the parks already and keep looking at our photos!



If you are staying at a Disney hotel it is definitely worth doing the meet and greets at the hotel. We only had to queue for apx 10 mins to get some great photos with Minnie Mouse. The queues at the parks are much longer.




|||



Hello again!



Just noticed you are arriving at 2pm at CDG, the same time we did! We didn%26#39;t get to our hotel until 5pm in the end!



My advice would be if you want to get into the parks that day negotiate a taxi!



Once we got to the hotel we also had to queue to check in, so wasted time there too!

No comments:

Post a Comment