Thursday, April 12, 2012

6 Day Itinerary- Paris

Hello,





I will be traveling to Paris for the first time next week. Below is an itinerary that I%26#39;ve mapped out. It is in the order that we would view the areas.





Please advise if I am allotting enough time to each day and if items need to be shifted around for more efficiency.





Day 1-Monday



Start about 2pm



Walk around Rue Mouffetard



Pantheon- outside viewing only



Luxembourg Garden



St. Germain De Pres



St. Sulpice



Montparnasse Tower to view Eifle Tower





Day 2- Tuesday



Musee D%26#39;Orsay



Marais



Place des Vosges



Centre Pompidou



Musee Rodin



Pont Alexander III



Tombeau de Napolean





Day 3- Wednesday



Versaille- 1/2 day



Montmartre



Sacre Coeur



Moulin Rouge





Day 4- Thursday



Louvre



Arch de Triomphe



Tulieries Garden



Champs Elysees



Place de la Concorde



L%26#39;Orangerie





Day 5- Friday



Saint Chapelle



Notre Dame



Ile St. Louis



Galaries Lafayette



Pantheon





Day 6- Saturday



Last day- Open to revisit any of the sites or just relax.





I will be purchasing the 4 day museum pass (that is why Tuesday- Friday is packed) and the carte orange for the metro.





Any advice/feedback is welcomed =)





Thank you!



Lynnie




|||



Looks like you%26#39;ve got everything well grouped together so no backtracking back and forth.





Just make sure to %26quot;schedule%26quot; time each day to just wander, stop for a cafe creme or glass of vin, and just BE in Paris. We all want to %26quot;see it all%26quot; and are running from one place to another and fall exhausted into bed at night only to start over again. Hopefully, you%26#39;ll be flexible with your itinerary and save something for the next trip to Paris, because trust me, you will want to return!





Enjoy!





luvparee/joy




|||



I think it looks great!



The only question I would have is grouping Versailles with Montmartre. They are opposite sides of the city and it may take longer at Versailles than you plan originally. Just don%26#39;t miss Versailles or Montmartre.





Also, are you traveling alone and are you planning on seeing a show at Moulin Rouge or just a photo op? I don%26#39;t know for sure because I%26#39;ve never been in the area at night, but I have heard (on this forum) that even though Montmartre is a great place to be at night, that the Moulin Rouge area can get a little seedy when the lights go down. Just something to consider. I don%26#39;t know that I would be comfortable in the area by myself, but once again, just knowledge from what I have read . . .no firsthand knowledge. And I am sure that other TA members will correct this if I am wrong :)





Have a great trip!!! You will love the city!!




|||



Great job! It looks like you have been reading this forum for awhile. Don%26#39;t worry about Versailles and Montmartre being on the same day. You can get across town quickly on the Metro. It isn%26#39;t a problem at all and you will have a Carte Orange.





Your days are not overly packed. You will have time to duck into shops and sit in a cafe if you wish.





Really, it looks ideal! And as far as someone saying don%26#39;t try to see everything on this trip--it is so impossible that it is just completely realistic. It takes months to see all the great things in Paris. So just enjoy what you get to.





It looks like a great trip. Bon voyage! Please write a report when you get back to let us know about your trip. Thanks.




|||



Thank you everyone for your replies! I really do appreciate your time.





As for the Moulin Rouge, I%26#39;m still unsure if I%26#39;d want to see a show or not. I%26#39;m leaning probably more on just getting to the area and taking some pictures. I wanted to take some night pictures there, but if it get seedy then I may go earlier.





I would definitely take my time to absorb everything in while in Paris. I%26#39;m hoping to cover what I can and then if not, there%26#39;s my saturday to try to do it...or possibly save it for the next time:)





I just made a rsvp at le Ciel de Paris for 7pm on our first day...hopefully I won%26#39;t be jet lagged and tired by then!





If anyone needs help planning an itinerary, this is a great source for walking tours and itineraries



http://www.paristriptips.com/







Lynnie




|||



Lynnie,





Did you purchase the walking tours? I am wondering how good they are.





Have a great trip.




|||



Lynnie--the area around the Moulin Rouge isn%26#39;t the best area at night. I haven%26#39;t had any trouble there or seen any trouble there--or actually even heard of any trouble there. About 6 years ago I was in Paris with my 15 year old son and we found ourselves in that neighborhood. My son wanted to purchase a deck of cards that had a specific type of King card and he found it very near the Moulin Rouge. I remember it was pouring out and we were walking around that neighborhood at night. It is seedy and whether or not it is safe, it felt like it might not be. I would say either go to the Moulin Rouge or see that area during the day. It also is probably okay if you are with someone else as opposed to being alone.




|||



Most stores and markets of Mouffetard are closed on Monday. Maybe stop by on Friday after the Pantheon.



You left just enough time to stroll and sit. Have fun.




|||



raerose22-





I purchased the itinerary, not the walking tours. I%26#39;m sure it%26#39;s just as informative and helpful.




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:18 am, September 30, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment