Saturday, April 21, 2012

Hotel Laurence - Help with contact information

I tried to send a booking request through via their site but received an error message. Then I sent an email to the contact address listed on their site but received a delivery failure message in response.





This is the address I copied and pasted from their site: contact@cassis-hotel-laurence.com





Help!




|||



This is the delivery failure message I received:





----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----



%26lt;contact@cassis-hotel-laurence.com%26gt;



(reason: 550 cuda_nsu sorry, no mailbox here by that name. (#5.7.17))




|||



Try emailing the Cassis tourist office at info@ot-cassis.com or see the form on their website at tourisme.fr/documentation/envoiot/entree.asp…





Le Laurence may be closed till Easter, so many French hotels are. I can%26#39;t remember how I booked it but it may have been by fax. It%26#39;s on venere.com but says no online booking. Sorry, I haven%26#39;t got their email address any more, if I ever had it.




|||



Thanks for the follow-up, Chantal. It was based on your helpful advice that we%26#39;re looking into booking with Hotel Laurence!





I%26#39;ll take a look at the tourism board. How was Paris, by the way?




|||



Paris was divine though the old girl was a bit scruffier than I remember. I discovered a huge department store called BHV that I%26#39;d never been in before. I also et lunch outside on the place des Vosges in temperature of about 15 degrees. Then came back to London to freeze myself solid, it%26#39;s foul here and the weather forecast for the weekend is snow. Agh.




|||



Glad to hear you had a great time.. I can%26#39;t wait to return! My stepmother is visiting my stepsister (who lives in London) at the moment.. they%26#39;re in Portugal. I%26#39;m sure she%26#39;ll be thrilled to return to snow in London!!





I received an email from Hotel Laurence regarding availability. We can book but they don%26#39;t accept credit card. From what I got from the email, we have to book with a mobile phone number (which is fine) and then call 2 days before arrival to confirm the booking. What if they mess up and we%26#39;re left with no room to stay in? How does that work? Somehow, having a credit card booking makes me feel a bit more secure. Now I%26#39;m having second thoughts about this place. Your thoughts?




|||



Here is the website you are looking for:





http://www.cassis-hotel-laurence.com/







There is a reservation from on the hotel website.




|||



Make that a registration %26quot;form%26quot; on the hotel website.




|||



Thanks, but that is the link I had a problem with originally.. hence the emails. I received a response from the hotel and am now concerned about booking without a credit card and having to call 2 days before we arrive to confirm that they%26#39;ve still got space from us. Thanks, though. : )




|||



You could try to fax your credit card information and obtain a confirmation. The number is on the website.





Many French who operate hotels prefer fax to email for some reason. (You wouldn%26#39;t want to email credit card information anyway).




|||



Thank you, Sarastro. My apologies, I don%26#39;t think I%26#39;ve been very clear.





Originally we had problems contacting the hotel but that is no longer the case. We HAVE been in contact with the hotel and are trying to decide if we should book with them or not. Usually, when you book a hotel you put a deposit on the credit card to secure the reservation. However, this hotel doesn%26#39;t accept credit cards for booking, paying, etc.. It seems like we%26#39;ll book on blind faith and then have to call them 2 days before arriving and hope (fingers crossed!) that they still have the room for us. We%26#39;re not %26#39;last minute%26#39; types and I would have a heart attack if I found myself somewhere where I don%26#39;t speak the language with no where to stay.





Would you book and hope for the best or would you choose another hotel with credit card bookings (which give more peace of mind)?

No comments:

Post a Comment