Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Eating Out in DLP

Hi, Can anyone tell me what restaurants I should avoid and which restaurants (if any) are better value for money, (do not want anywhere outrageously priced) I am staying at the Sequoia Lodge is it just as expensive to eat in your hotel and what is the food like there?





Also do you think it is worth me researching anything else before I go? (travelling with two 5 year olds) one of which doesn%26#39;t particularly like the really high/fast rides





Many thanks in advance.




|||



Have a look at this site for all the restaurants and an idea of prices http://www.dlpfoodguide.com/index.php





And yes defo worth researching - if you plan your days effectively it will help you make your most of your time at the park.





See www.dlrpmagic.com for some great guides to the lands and rides.




|||



Hi thanks, I had looked at that link but a lot of the reviews were quite old so wondered if anybody that had been recently could recommend.




|||



Hi if you brows back at this section You will find a lot about this from april 05 this year under



questions ask



Can anyone answer my questions please.



Mutter




|||



Hi smile





Old reviews or not, I have read the guide Ruthie has linked you to and even if you found a new review on there would be much the same. Some were only written last year





My personal recommendation is the eating place in Frontier land by Woodys Roundup (Name has escaped me right now). The ribs are fab and of slightly better quality food wise than the pizzas etc. You can get pasta to eat in some restaurants which is also pretty tasty.





Steer clear of the chicken nuggets everywhere - really rather nasty but generally the food is edible.





For prices use UK theme parks as a guide - expensive





This is just my personal opinion :)





Research all the way. The more research you do the less disappointment%26#39;s there will be plus you will go knowing what to expect and what to do and where to go. Mind you, how anyone can be disappointed with Disney, I fail to see LOL




|||



Keycamp do you mean Cowboy Cookout? My friends eat the roast chicken here and say it is always good.





Smile101 as the restaurants in Disney never change (and menu%26#39;s not that often too!) most are still valid.





I%26#39;d recommend packing some small snacks to take with you into the park i.e. biscuits, raisins etc for the kids so you are not having to buy those there.





The kids meals in the park usually run abou €6 and for that you get meal, drink and dessert.





The Sequioa has a fixed price buffet restaurant and an a l carte personally I think you will find them more expensive than if you eat in the Village especially as your kids are only small (unless they have huge appetites).





What kind of things do they like to eat at home - that way we know which ones to tell you to steer clear of.





As a minimum plan I would check out all the lands and different rides online so I knew which ones the kids would like.





I%26#39;d check out what shows and parades were on and what time they were so I could get a good spot to watch them.





I%26#39;d use the fastpasses where I could for rides I know the kids would like i.e. Buzz.





This link should help with all of that http://www.dlrpmagic.com/guides/practical/




|||



Hi Ruthie,





Yes! that%26#39;s the one



I%26#39;ve been at work all afternoon thinking about it too.





KR x




|||



rainforest cafe is good for the kids




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:18 pm, September 29, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment