Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Good Shuttle Service

What is the best shuttle to use in getting into Paris from CDG




|||



There may be great shuttle services from the airport to your hotel and vice versa, but I%26#39;ve never personally encountered one.





I%26#39;ve been burned twice by Paris shuttles that either showed up much later than planned, or made so many stops at other hotels that in each case made me sweat bullets about getting to the airport in time. The money saved vs. a taxi simply isn%26#39;t worth the hassle, IMHO. YMMV.




|||



Recently returned from Paris. I took the Air France public shuttle bus. Leaves every 15 min. from bus gate 2A.




|||



I have used Bluvan.fr for the last 15 years. I have never had a problem with them.





Others have used Greyvan and Bea van.




|||



Bee Shuttle was a no show for my wife%26#39;s flight.




|||



We took BlueVan once some years ago as we were arriving late in the evening and I didn%26#39;t want to ride the train. A mistake. Had a student driver who knew little about the streets and I had to guide him through to our hotel. From then on we stick to the train. Harry




|||



My travel agent / friend has used Bee Shuttle twice and been pleased.




|||



We used the Bee Shuttle. They weren%26#39;t at the location they told me to wait. I called their free number, the operator only spoke little english. All I got was to wait there. Half an hour later I called again, same response. Finally the driver arrived on foot, he was parked at a different location. We then picked up another couple. They got dropped first. There was a lot of stop and go traffic on the freeway (due to the Paris Marathon?) so I was glad we didn%26#39;t have to take a cab. Finally dropped the others and the driver gave us a little tour: Eiffel Tower, Pont Alexander, Invalides on the way to our hotel. That sort of made up for it. On the way back I worried they wouldn%26#39;t show, but same driver showed up fifteen minutes early. So all in all, things turned out OK.





If I knew then what I know now, that is how easy the trains are, I would take the RER. Cheaper, faster. Only problem is you have to pack lighter than I have ever been able to pack. Maybe next trip...




|||



We used www.greyshuttle.com as recommended by a local parisian on these forums.





We had absolutely no problem, and they were cheaper than the other shuttle companies too. The other shuttle companies all require that you phone on arrival and then meet them at some point outside the airport building.





With Grey Shuttle the driver meets you at the customs exit gate with a board with your name on it, no need to phone them, no sharing of the shuttle with others and a very reasonable price.





We paid E123 return for Sunday afternoon travel, when other shuttle companies charge a sunday sumplement.





Highly recommended.




|||



%26quot;Harry...%26quot; Bluvan.fr has GPS for directions to hotel and apartment ...and all spoke English. Never had a problem with them.




|||



We will be arriving at CDG airport at 9:30 pm, this is our fist time in Paris. I checked Paris Shuttle, it costs over E$60 for two because an extra E$6 per person after 7:00 pm. Is cheapter to take a taxi? My apartment is very close to Place des Vosges.

No comments:

Post a Comment