Wednesday, April 25, 2012

No availabilty in Nice 9/5-9/7

I have been looking at Trip Advisor a lot to plan our 10 day trip to France. The only part I have left to secure is our hotel reservations in Nice. I had no trouble getting reservations at highly recommended places in Paris and Provence but am having a lot of trouble finding one in Nice. We won%26#39;t be there for %26gt; 3 months but already Hotel Suisse, Mercure, Le Royal, Hotel Windsor, and Nice Garden Hotel all say they have no availability on their websites (9/5-9/7). Is there an event that weekend or do things just book up really early? Should I try contacting these places individually?





Thanks,



JD




|||



I always contact Le Royal direct,



national code + 0493164300



or



royal@vacancesbleues.com,




|||



I%26#39;d try calling them all. I%26#39;ve had no look on the website in the past and then managed to secure a cancellation when telephoning them direct. worth a shot!



my fav hotel is currently the ellington on rue debouchage. you might want to try that???




|||



You could try the bigger chain hotels, Radisson, Le Meridien, Sheraton Four Points, NH Hotel or failing that stay nearby in lovely Villefranche.





Rgds




|||



In Europe 9/5 to 9/7 means 9th May to 9th July. This might be a cause of confusion!




|||



More and more people are traveling at the beginning of September and it is still considered High season on lots of websites. Advance reservations are a must more and more. I was not able to get my desired date in Avignon in September and I booked in November 2007 (and that was only for one night!)... I%26#39;d search trough Expedia , I guess they may have options on rooms that we individuals do not have access to.





And London Bob you are right on the dates. To my knowledge Americans and English Canadians are the only one to write dates in the %26quot;Month/Day/Year%26quot; format.




|||



Try the accorhotels.com web site.




|||



It is true that Americans write the date backwards.





the true way to write the date is from smallest to largest,, i.e day/month/year.





It is kind of like that last letter of the alphabet, in English, americans are the only ones that pronounce it zeee





Why do americans feel they have to change everything




|||



Now this is seriously off topic, but the only true way to write the date is YYYYMMDD - 20080531 - as in 2008, May, 31st - as this is the only fixed length format that a computer sorts correctly from earliest date to the latest date. So both sides of the Atlantic are wrong.Anybody wanna step outside and settle this?




|||



Regardless of the technically correct way to right the date I am sure I entered the dates in the search engines right. I am going to try contacting the hotels via email to see if everything is booked at their respective hotels.



Thanks for everyone%26#39;s input. If anyone else has any suggestions on some mid price hotels (100 - 150 euros a night) I am all ears. I would prefer something with a water view if possible.




|||



Hi JD





A very quick search on booking.com shows availability at a couple of the hotels you mention but there is limited availability that weekend.





There are a couple of festivals at the time, the Fete du Port and the Fete de Catherine Segurane.





http://www.booking.com





Hope this helps



No comments:

Post a Comment