Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Omaha Beach - no car with tiny budget

Hello all - my friend and I are going to Paris this Friday and we wanted to do a day trip to Normandy. Originally we were going to drive, but my car died this week so we are now taking a train.





I%26#39;m wondering if it is possible to take the train from Paris to Normandy and see some sites without renting a car or taking a tour. We are on a VERY small budget so we are counting every euro. My friend%26#39;s grandfather landed on Omaha on D-day +1 so seeing that area is her biggest priority. I know a tour would be the best way to tour the area, but at $65+ dollars (not including the train) we just can%26#39;t afford it.





I would greatly appreciate any help. I thought I had everything planned, but now I am back to square one. Thanks!!






|||



There is a local bus that leaves from Central Bayeux and goes along the coast passing through the villages, its not regular and takes a while but its the cheapest means other than hire a bike!




|||



Thank you! I did not even realize we could rent bikes. I think that will be the way for us to go.





Thanks again! I appreciate your assistance. :o)




|||



Paris to Normandy is a two-hour drive by car. Are you sure you want to pedal that far?




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:16 pm, September 29, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment